Practical Treatments For Panic Attacks and Anxiety*
GenesisSquared Counselling | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
2017 Dates: See Registration form below
This is a an interactive workshop that aims to provide doctors, therapists and front line access workers with a proven tool kit to help patients/clients end their panic attacks and self-manage their anxiety and stress levels. This program does not aim to examine diagnostic criteria or pharmacological treatment, (although resource material will be provided) but rather seeks to provide a proven set of practical hands-on tools and strategies by using interactive lectures, dyads, group work and case studies.
Why you should take this course (And how to save a wedding!):
One day – a minimum of 6 hours instruction/participation hours
All workshops are 9 am – 4:30 pm (one hour lunch) There are limited eating options nearby. We have a fridge and microwave in the dining room -please bring a lunch.
GenesisSquared Counselling – Jay Boardroom, Main Floor
47 Queens Park Cres.
Toronto, ON M5S 2C3
- Achieve a baseline or above competency in five primary maintenance techniques
- Achieve a baseline or above competency in two interventional skills
- Enhancement of the efficacy of provider/patient communication
- Develop a conversational framework to teach patients how to separate, contextualize, and befriend their anxiety
- Techniques include Mindful Meditation, EFT, Cardiac Coherence and Pranayama, Emotional Guidance Scale, Patient Communication Strategies including the use of metaphor and reframing, and delivering psychoeducation.*Some of these modalities are suitable in the treatment of depression – concurrent or otherwise
- GP’s in Family Practice
- Counselling Psychiatrists, Psychologists &Psychotherapists
- Social Workers & Social Service Workers
- Front Line and Direct Access workers
- First Responders and Trauma Personnel
The workshop is lead by Todd Kaufman, a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) and the Clinical Director at GenesisSquared Counselling. Todd specializes in the treatment of anxiety and trauma and is certified in a broad range of related treatment modalities. Todd has lead workshops internationally and is an accomplished speaker and instructor.
General Attendance fee: $249.00 CDN +HST
Registered Student Fee: $199.00 CDN +HST
Early Registration Discount: -$25.00 CDN on General Admission. Registration and payment required by one month prior to selected workshop date. Price is adjusted at checkout.
COME WITH A FRIEND AND GET ANOTHER $25.00 OFF! This discount is applicable to both General and Student Admission. That’s a total of up to $50.00 in possible savings!
What Others Are Saying:
Informative, Practical, Engaging!
Your passion and energy are inspiring!
A great learning environment
94% of all participants rate all aspects of this program as above average or excellent.
Continuing Education Hours:
A certificate of completion will be provided for attendees completing the full-day. (6.5 hours instruction/participation). This workshop is approved by the Ontario Psychological Association for continuing education credit.
Social Workers and Social Service Workers: Your Professional Development Fund reimburses eligible costs for professional development activities that advance the skills, knowledge, practice and service delivery of social workers and social service workers in Ontario. For more information, visit www.swsswpdf.org.
GROUP RATES or We COME TO YOU:
For groups over 5 registrations from your organization, please call us for corporate rates. We do provide these trainings on site – and for more information contact Todd Kaufman, Clinical Director at 1-800-699-3396.