Mindful Meditation as Treatment for Anxiety/Depression & Addictions
An Introductory Workshop
GenesisSquared Counselling | 9:00am to 4:30pm
Spring Semester: February 21st, 2018 (Fall TBA Oct/Nov)
More dates are available on demand, please call 1-800-699-3396
This is a very interactive workshop that aims to provide front line workers such as social workers, therapists and doctors with the personal experience and practical tools to integrate mindful meditation into their client’s/patients treatment plans. Participants will be taught basic meditation techniques, and in the teaching experience we will illustrate how to deliver Mindful Meditation as a critical component of a wellness plan – particularly in the context of anxiety, depression and addiction.
- Understanding the therapeutic implication of Mindful Meditation through personal experience
- Knowledge of how to integrate Mindful Meditation into a therapeutic treatment
- Develop a conversational framework to teach patients/clients how to value and integrate Mindful Meditation as valuable tool in their recovery plan
- Access shared resources for the development of a personal practice of Mindful Meditation and utilize these resources for patient/client care
- Feel competent in teaching basic meditation skills to clients/patients
You do not need to have a background in meditation to attend this workshop. A fundamental understanding of counselling skills is presumed. Attendees are welcome from various disciplines and we only ask you come with a curious mind and open heart.
One day – a minimum of 6 hours instruction/participation hours.
Thursday, October 19th, 2017 9 am to 4:30 pm
GenesisSquared Counselling – Boardroom, Second Floor
47 Queens Park Cres.
Toronto, ON M5S 2C3
- Social Workers & Social Service Workers
- GP’s in Family Practice
- Counselling Psychiatrists, Psychologists &Psychotherapists
- Front Line and Direct Access workers
- First Responders and Trauma Personnel
The workshop is lead by Todd Kaufman, a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) and the Clinical Director at GenesisSquared Counselling. Todd specializes in the treatment of anxiety and trauma and is certified in a broad range of related treatment modalities. He has an intensive meditation practice that is integrated into his professional practice. Todd has lead workshops internationally and is an accomplished speaker and instructor.
General Attendance fee: $249.00 CDN +HST
Registered Student Fee: $199.00 CDN +HST
Early Registration Discount: -$25.00 CDN on General Admission. Registration and payment required by one month prior to selected workshop date.
COME WITH A FRIEND AND GET ANOTHER $25.00 OFF! This discount is applicable to both General and Student Admission. That’s a total of up to $50.00 each in possible savings!
GROUP RATES or WE COME TO YOU:
For groups over 5 registrations from your organization, please call us for corporate rates. We do provide these trainings on site – and for more information contact Todd Kaufman, Clinical Director at 1-800-699-3396.